Thursday, March 28, 2013

Swan Lake

Brian and I are having a fun week I guess. First, the circus, and now a ballet. We saw Swan Lake last night for the first time and both enjoyed it. The theater here is pretty well run and the two ballets we have seen have both been great. Each with a live orchestra of course! Ballet is pretty popular here in Russia (of course) and it seems both genders enjoy going to the shows. I am glad Brian enjoys it. A bonus for me!


Swan Lake is about a prince who falls in love with an enchanted princess, a swan during the day, a woman at night. Unfortunately for him, he gets tricked into confessing his love to the wrong lady (whoops)at a ball. But he runs (dances) to the lake to find his true love and as the story goes, they drown themselves in the lake together because they can never be alive and in love since he confessed his love to the wrong person.



Just a picture of the stage, it was really fancy. I couldn't take too many pictures since I wasn't supposed to be using my camera...


End of the show, everyone was taking pictures at this point. Russian people love to use their cameras!

Still winter here. Although the spring birds are chirping and sound so beautiful. Today it was 7 when we walked to work. BRRRR, and there is so much snow laying everywhere. Supposedly it will warm up to the upper 30's and 40's next week. Then I think we will drown in the amount of water that will be everywhere. I need my XtraTough's! (boots from Juneau)

Today I saw an accident as I was walking home. Seems typical here. We see more car accidents than in the states. In Russia, after a car accident, any car involved must stop right where it happened and not move until the police come. Even if it is in the middle of an intersection. If there are injuries, the police will come quick. If no injuries the drivers involved may wait hours...literally, hours for a police officer to come. Even though I miss driving, I am happy I don't have to drive here in Russia. The traffic can be terrible sometimes.

Happy Easter! Christ is Risen and not left in the tomb! Brian and I will be celebrating with our pastor and his wife and another American family. We are thankful to have friends to celebrate with. Russian people don't celebrate Easter until May 5th, so it will be a holiday for us foreigners. 

Until then! Enjoy all those Cadbury eggs for me and Easter egg hunts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment