Thursday, October 2, 2014

Overdue Baby

Norah is due to come out any moment. But she is quite comfortable, healthy, safe, warm and happy in her present location: my belly. She is now 8 days overdue, which I know for some of you women, isn't a big deal. I've heard stories of weeks late, including my mother and Brian's mom!
Well, we did finally install the car seat on Sunday, thanks to Karen! She is an expert and definitely showed Brian a thing or two. I was a tad distracted and Brian gave me a lesson later. 


We used my old pound puppy in place of Norah. He worked quite well and didn't cry at all!


Along with being late, I had two girlfriends both due on October 1st. (yesterday). Well, lucky for them, they both had their babies two weeks ago and last Friday. One is in Russia, so I don't get to see him (Jonas), but the other is just north of Vancouver. My best friend, Sarah and Dan have a third boy now. Here I am holding him, Calvin James Stuart. He is a cutie and also tried to tell Norah to come out. Weird to think I'll have a little bundle like this ANY DAY now.


So, induction is looking like the way to go soon. 1. Our little Norah might be a little big (per ultrasound) 2. She is already 8 days late. 3. My cervix doesn't seem to be dilating past 1 cm for the past week and a half. For sure next Tuesday they will be inducing me if we don't choose to get things started sooner. Prayers are welcome in this case. It is a strange decision to make, especially since I thought she would come on her own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment