Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Random Happenings

We have just one more day before we fly to Jerusalem to meet our good friends there from Alaska! So, I am catching up with a few pictures before we go. On our date night we were able to use a gift card Brian received for a restaurant here close to our apartment. It was good Russian food, basic but good. 

After dinner picture. I told Brian to act normal and here is what we both decided to do for the picture.


Easter dinner was a lot of fun this year. We went to our Pastor's house for dinner and an American family of five came, along with a German couple. Since Russia doesn't celebrate Easter until May 5th, it was all foreigners! And what delicious food we had too. Here is our starting course, a little bunny, similar to a sugar cookie, that Franzisca made for us all. 


For the last four months my friend, Masha, has come over about every week to speak English with me and drink some tea. We have both really enjoyed our time together, not just for her to practice her English, but for each other's company. Last week she helped me make Blini. Basically a Russian style pancake, similar to a crepe, but don't ever call it that to a Russian person.  ;) I have watched many people make them before and finally about three weeks ago I tried a recipe I found online. It was a disaster. I even threw it away and tried twice with no luck! So, lucky for me, Masha came over and made some delicious blini and I quickly wrote down the recipe so I can make it when we come back to America. Thanks Masha!



Blini can be eaten with such a wide variety of things, ground beef and onion, sweetened condensed milk and sour cream are all very popular ways to eat them here in Russia. Also good with jams or honey. 

So, one more day of work...(thank goodness) and then we fly to some warm weather, new sights to see and the best of friends. We are blessed to have gotten the time off from work; at first we weren't sure if it was possible. But God made it possible!
Fly to Israel for five days, then head back to Moscow to meet Brian's mom who will be flying in just a few hours before we do. Perfect timing! More pictures will be coming your way for sure after our trip. I'll try to blog once or twice using the iPad while we are away. Blessings everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment