Thursday, September 4, 2014

Other fun happenings from July.

After our adventuring through the Steens Mountain, we stopped in Klamath Falls to see a long time friend of my mom's, Pat. And she took us on a little ride! It was a nice, but short visit. I hadn't been down there since I was a young teenager. 


The following day Pat took us kayaking on Spring Creek. A really, crystal clear creek that just bubbles out of the ground once you get to the headwaters. It is also super cold water, about 8 degrees all year around. I tried splashing Brian a few times to cool him down. 


My mom and Pat, behind her, can't see the second person in the picture, but she is there!


I liked this little boat house. The color almost matches the color of the water!



My first garden in our home. Some of the plants have gotten a little larger than I expected...Next year I will have to move some stuff around. 


It was full of corn, rhubarb, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, kale, spinach, pumpkins, green beans, snap peas, chard and strawberries and beets...and zucchini. Whew. Fun and a lot of work. 


Excited to try a few different things next year. But in the meantime, we're having a baby in a few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment