Tuesday, August 16, 2011

BACK IN PORTLAND!!!

I (Brian) have made the 27 hour plane ride back to my smoking hot wife. She fought through rush hour traffic and greeted me at the airport with a big huge smile. We hung out with each other for the next 36 hours until she had to go back to work.
MY WENDY IS THE PUZZLE MASTER. I HAD SOME FRIENDS DO THIS PUZZLE FOR ME THEN I WROTE A LETTER TO HER ON THE BACK AND DESTROYED IT SO SHE HAD TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER TO READ THE NOTE. SHE FINISHED IT WITH 1 WEEK TO SPARE!!! ICE CREAM PROVED TO BE QUITE A TRICKY PUZZLE PICTURE.


We are now sitting in the airport getting ready to head out to Kauai for my friend Paul's wedding. We will be there for one week soaking up the sun. It will be quite the contrast from the far north Russian city of Arkangelsk to the hot sand beaches of Kauai.

Yesterday I got an opportunity to go to a recording studio in Portland to watch my friend Troy Welstad produce a record for a new artist named Nathan French. I have only seen the recording process on youtube and it was so cool to get to go and see what it is really like in a studio. I was in the control room, behind the glass was a drum room, guitar room, and grand piano room. The record sounds like it will be really good (because Troy is producing it, and he is a perfectionist)
 TROY AND MICK DEBATING " NO I THINK WE SHOULD DO THIS, NO THIS, NO THIS WOULD BE BETTER." BEHIND TROY AND THE GLASS IS JEREMY ON DRUMS.
THIS IS DEAN THE SOUND ENGINEER SITTING IN THE CAPTAIN'S SEAT AS THEY CALL IT. HE IS REALLY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES. SOMEONE WOULD SAY "CAN I GET A LITTLE MORE BASS IN MY HEADPHONES? AND HE WOULD PICK ONE LITTLE KNOB OUT OF THE 800 ON THE SOUND  BOARD. QUITE IMPRESSIVE.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home Brian! Teg is super excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete