Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Beaches of Kauai

Four days after Brian returned from Russia, he and I flew even further west (not helping jet lag at all) to Kauai, Hawaii. What an awesome island. I've been here once before with some great girls from Alaska, and was very excited to get some warmth and sunshine!!
We did come here for a reason, Brian's great friend, Paul is getting married on Saturday. Good excuse to come to Hawaii I think!
The beaches have been superb and the water is so warm and lovely. We went snorkeling and saw some amazing fish and even watched a turtle for a long time under water. Those pictures are all film pictures on my awesome underwater camera and guys bought me.
DAN, BRIAN AND ADAM

I THINK THIS IS WHEN BRIAN WAS ACTUALLY CHILLED A LITTLE SO DAN STARTED BURYING HIM IN THE SAND FOR WARMTH.

THE WATER IS SUCH A NICE COLOR!

Being with these guys all day for 3 or 4 days in a row is definitely fun for me. I laugh AT and WITH them more than I laugh in a normal day when I'm by myself. Here was a moment on the beach when four of them grabbed hands and all ran as fast as the could into the water. Maybe trying to walk on water? or maybe just enjoying the silliness of the moment.



Our day two of attempting to snorkel didn't go as well, we went to a "not so good" beach and didn't see much of anything. But as always, they made it into a treasure hunt and searched for random objects that people had lost. They found a whole lot of snorkel gear people had dropped, a few random small toys, and best of all some money!


NOT A BEACH SHOT, BUT THESE GREAT TENTS ARE WHAT WE SPENT OUR FIRST THREE NIGHTS IN, NOW WE HAVE MOVED INTO OUR RENTAL FOR THE NEXT THREE. 




No comments:

Post a Comment