Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The New Pad

Welcome to our home! We would love to invite you all over for tea or coffee (although as many of you know, I-Wendy don't like either). and I don't plan on liking any coffee anytime soon (Marjorie!).
Here is the entry room/hallway. All rooms lead from this entry way. Straight ahead is the kitchen, directly to the left is bedroom, next on the left is living room. and on the right is the bathroom and toilet room. Yes, those rooms are separate. 



 Our bedroom, I even got to pick out the duvet cover, I might even want to bring it home, I like it so much! there is a large wardrobe/closet to the left in the picture.



 Our living room, not the most comfortable of furniture...but when living in an already furnished home, one can't be too picky. We do get television, but sadly, there are no English channels. At least in the hotel we had BBC News, not anymore. I'm sure I won't know what happens in the world for the next year.

And here we have one of my favorite rooms of the flat. Mostly because I like to cook. This is not the best of kitchens, I have yet to bake anything in the oven and I can't even tell what the temperature will be!!
Through the glass doors is our little "porch". Most people in Russia have these. We have our clean, wet clothes hanging there right now since we also lack a dryer. 


I figured my back would get nice and healthy since I'm not bending over a patient or pulling patients up in bed...Well, think again since our tiny little counter and sink are a little lower than I would like. Here I am practicing my squats, Billy Blanks would be proud. 


Lastly, on of the views we have. Not too thrilling. It shows the many different apartment complexes in the distance. 


So, all in all, it is a good apartment. We will continue to make it our own. I will try not to buy too many items for it since we won't be able to take them all home. 




4 comments:

  1. Hi Brian! Hi Wendy! If you can get someone to buy you a ROKU box, there is a service called USTVNow. You sign up for an account and you can get major US networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CW, PBS) for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are the cockroaches there? They were in every flat in Vlad. So fun to see your pics and life there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cockroaches, or rats or mice that we see yet!!! Thank the LORD! only irritating fruit flies.

    ReplyDelete