Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Leaves, Fall and Heat

It is normal for me to put a few pictures up of the lovely fall colors. I just can't help myself. Even all the way here in Russia, there are beautiful fall colors to enjoy. Here are a few for your enjoyment. 



The contrast of the blue skies and the leaves makes the orange and yellow really pop out even more!!



 So, now that we have reached a certain temperature at night outside, the powers that be, decided to turn on the heat in our apartment building. At first (the first day), it was lovely. I put my cold toes on this water heater and just felt the heat soak in. Now, a few days later...our bedroom has reached 77 degrees. I'm not so excited about the heat anymore. :) And no, there is no way to turn in off anywhere or control the temperature anywhere in the flat. Oh well, thankfully our windows do open, so we can open them when we are home.

I can't help myself. I have to put a little picture up as a tribute to carving pumpkins. This is an encouragement to all who have never carved their own pumpkin. :) For as long as I can remember I have carved many, many pumpkins. Thanks to my mom's garden skills we usually have a few to carve. This picture is from last year's harvest. I will buy a pumpkin at some point here and carve it. :) And then I will cook it!  Happy October 9th everyone!

1 comment:

  1. To turn off the heat, just turn that red dial on the bottom. It should stop the flow... you could probably regulate the temp by turning it halfway too. I'm totally just guessing here! The windows are always an option too.

    ReplyDelete