Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Toast A La Most

It really is the little things in life that bring the most happiness. Sure someone could give us a million dollars and we would not refuse, but just maybe with that million dollars, we would buy 250,000 toasters!!! This is what we bought for 736 Rubles (25 USD) on Saturday. Honestly I am not sure how we survived the first month without it. Toasters are not very popular here in Russia, as a result the pickings are somewhat slim. I wish I could show all the Russians here how much better toast is than bread. But for now, we will just have to enjoy it ourselves.  

 A Maxwell 2 slot toaster. I wish we could say it has all the bells and whistles, but really we are kind of broke, so we went with cheap over awesome.
I had to take a picture of my beautiful wife making our first pieces of toast in our new magnificent toaster. It sort of gave off a funny smell at first and then I thought "This is the first time I have ever been the first person to use a toaster." Really can you remember buying a toaster? I think my mom still has hers from 1990!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love this! I remember wishing we had a toaster the whole time we lived in Russia! My mom improvised and would pan fry bread with butter to make toast. I hated it. To this day, I despise the smell of frying butter thanks to our time in Vlad.

    ReplyDelete