Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Cold Winter Walk

 After work today I took a quick walk down to the Kremlin and around. Quick ended up being about 50 minutes out in ZERO degrees F. BRR. Everything stayed warm except for my face and fingers.

Here are some of the sights along the way! They have put a large tree up in the middle of the square next to the Kremlin. I am excited to see it at night all lite up!










I also found some men working on some ice blocks! I couldn't quite tell what the sculptures will be yet, but we will for sure go down again and look later!












 Here is the mighty Volga River! Almost frozen over. It was covered with ice, snow and frost. But, you can see in the left of the picture there are a few spots where the water is still moving freely and no ice is covering it. Brian really wants to do some sort of polar bear dip in the river if they have one. I think he is crazy. But, I already knew that didn't I?



Looking back at the Kremlin, all the trees were completely covered with frost. I don't think the sun rises high enough in the sky to melt the ice!
At this point we have a little over 6 hours of daylight everyday. Very similar to Juneau, Alaska when we lived there.




Our average temperature for the last week has been at about Zero F. It has dropped to around -10 F during the night. But, with the cold, comes blue skies! And I really enjoy the blue skies during the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment