Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tram across the Volga River

We have a tram in our city that crosses the Volga River. Brian and I waited to ride it until my mom was here to visit back in October/November. So, when she was here, we took her for a ride! Not quite as spectacular as the tram in Juneau, but MUCH longer! 
It was very modern, and another passenger told us it had just opened up in the last year. Cost about $2.50 to cross one way, for one person. 


The middle of the crossing, a slightly colorless view, but it was fun anyway. 


The whole crossing took about 17 minutes! Quite the trip, one way. There is a little suburb of Nizhniy or village on the other side of the river, so this tram is quite helpful for the residents there. Prior to the tram's existence I think they took a ferry. 


The view on the way back to our city. 

Here is a little color! This is from my walk home today. We had a lovely blue sky filled day and some sunshine! Quite a delight after clouds and gray weather for weeks. And I can tell you all that the sun now sets at about 4:30 PM. Just another two weeks of darker and darker days and then we will turn it around and get lighter again! 

Brian and I are moving apartments! We have the opportunity to cat sit/apartment sit for 5 months! So we took it. We will save a ton of money and be closer to work. Once we move, we will be able to walk to work and church. So, no more crowded bus rides in the morning! Hooray!! I will miss our little home here though. I realize it is quite nice in Russian standards. And updated! But, hey, it is all a fun experience. So, please don't send anymore packages or letters to us at this point until I have a new address. Happy December everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment