Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas from Russia!


     Merry Christmas everyone! I didn't send any Christmas cards out, so we'll pretend this is the card! We have moved to a new home and having less space and three cats (we are cat-sitting), we were unable to set the large tree up. So, we used a small one. And I found a perfect place for the tree and our stockings. Russians celebrate Christmas on January 7th, so tomorrow is just another day for most of the country. We were lucky to get the day off work! I am excited to have a whole day with my husband and just relax! And eat good food of course!

     Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, I love the lights, music, presents, colors, tree, you name it, I like it. I love the warmth that comes with this holiday. I am thankful God allows us to celebrate like we do! Especially because the holiday is really all about Christ being born in a barn in Bethlehem so long ago. And it had nothing to do with lights, colors and a tree in everyone's house. It had to do with God coming down in human form, as a little, lowly, helpless baby. In a barn even!! I think sometimes we all need little reminders about Christ being born and what it must have been like on that night.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Philippians 2:8-10 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth 



Have a wonderful holiday my friends and and family! May you truly believe in our Lord, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment