Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Fun!

I just want to start this post off right. Brian really wanted to get this loaf of bread. It was huge! We used most of it for our stuffing in our Thanksgiving dinner. Nice looking head huh? I should have fixed him some eyes I think. 



Happy Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful time celebrating with some new friends we have made here in Nizhniy. The family on the left is from Arizona, living here until May (hopefully for us!).  They are a lot of fun to be with and I am ever amazed at Neeley (the mom) because she came here with three kids! Ages, 4 (not pictured), 2 and 7 months. WOW, and I thought I was brave! Her husband, Tom, is also brave, :) He works daily and gets to enjoy having his family here with him. 
Next up, our favorite Russian family. Valeriya, Asya, and Danik are three siblings out of four who also came to our wonderful meal!


We cooked the works: 2 chickens (no whole turkeys anywhere we could find!), 3 turkey legs, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, salad (the wonderful orange salad from Lisa), rolls and rice pudding. 
Dessert included pumpkin pie, apple crisp and some pumpkin bread. 



I have to fit in some Christmas pictures too. Here is the mall closest to us with their large, fake Christmas tree they put up. Even complete with a little snow!


And here is our tree. Warms up the room. I enjoy it every day! I just need to find a place for our stockings. I brought them from home, made especially for us by Pam Welstad! Thanks Pam! Know that your stockings made it all the way to Russia!

We are looking forward to Christmas! I am planning a party with a mixture of new friends we have met in the last few months. My friends, Sarah and Darla, sent me a tree cookie cutter so I can make some sugar cookies! 
More posts to come! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment