Friday, November 16, 2012

Possibly the biggest Sand Castle Ever!!!


This is really our first blog about things in our hometown of Nizhny Novgorod. We jumped right back into the routine getting up in the morning and hopping on a bus or Маршрутка (Marshrootka) and going to work pretty much at the same scenario every day of teaching kids. Our weekends we usually do one of two things: 1. Hang out by ourselves, 2. Hang out with people. So to sum it all up... hanging out on the weekends.

 Wendy snapped a shot of the sunrise a couple of days ago. Guess what time the sun is coming up now.
 For the holiday of День Единство (Day of Unity) some group of artists carved the biggest sand castle at least we have ever seen.
 The detail on this thing is insane!!! The old woman has all the wrinkle in her face that you would expect to see. It was very very amazing.
 This picture gives a pretty good idea of the size of this thing. When I first saw it, all I could think of was the hours spent carving this thing.
 Here is a football field sized flag of Russia being held by many different types of people who call Russia their home. Although I didn't see any Americans, I guess they wouldn't have been against us helping hold it as well.
 You gotta love Russia folk clothing. I like the guy in the middle all decked out with his outfit and the converse sneakers to match.
The design on the outfits is really quite spectacular. I saw a couple of my Garmoshka accordions at the parade and really wanted to ask to try them, but I chickened out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment