Saturday, June 22, 2013

Stitches, Storms, and Surprises

In our last days here in Nizhny, Wendy and I decided to go for a walk just to get out for a nice time in the morning.

                                  I wanted to take the church home but the dome just wouldn't budge.

                                    
I told Wendy to go across this little valley and I would take a cool little picture. I do like how it turned out.

However when I followed down the other side of the hill, I started to slide and go really fast. I did not know that there was metal fencing on the ground to hold the hill in place. I tried to slow down and a piece of metal decided to slice my hand.


                                         
 Wendy was really excited to finally get to see a Russian medical facility, our friend recommended Поликлиника 21 (polyclinicka 21).
            We only have a few photos because the doctor and nurse were the most unpleasant medical professionals we have ever met. They did not say hello, just "sit here" they gave me two crummy stitches, and they wouldn't let Wendy in to the room. At the end we expected to pay in cash, but they just kicked us out without any payment. It was totally free.
                                             
After our underwhelming ER experience, Wendy and I decided to go get Shaooerma Шаурма. Which is basically a Russian burrito. It is really good, but it doesn't have anything on carne asada.

After our fun day walking and going to a clinic, we went to our friends apartment for dinner. What we didn't know, was they had invited many of our friends for a surprise farewell party for us and our friend Ted. It was awesome, we were both surprised, Brian more than I. (I had suspicions). Thanks to Franziska and Sven for the use of their lovely flat. And to everyone who came. I don't have a group picture unfortunately, but a picture of Sven's gift to me will be enough. A mojito!


We made wonderful friends here and it is really sad and hard to say goodbye. I am thankful for our friends here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment