Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Life in the States

     Three weeks ago we were on a plane headed to the USA. Hard to believe that we were even abroad a month ago! In our three weeks, we have purchased a car, been backpacking, car camping, gone to a wedding, seen the ocean, visited with numerous friends and family and started the long search for jobs. Currently we are living with my mom in Salem, Oregon. Possibly the city we will live in once we find jobs.
It has been good being back in Oregon. I love summer time here, sunshine, fresh fruit to pick, sleeping outside under the stars and family. Part of me kind of expects to return to Russia soon and start work there again. Although I am much more excited to be a nurse than a pre-school teacher assistant.

     We've had the question: "How was Russia?" a few times now and I always struggle with how to answer it. It was a great experience. Hard at times, long and lonely at times, but full of different people, food, stores and culture. Both Brian and I enjoyed learning about the Russian people and the things that make their culture so different from ours. Brian excelled in learning the Russian language and I only learned a few words (which I am totally satisfied with). We made some great friends who we already miss and hope to see someday again.

Here is a few pictures of our last three weeks in Oregon.

Slip-n-slide with tarps and dish soap! The best way to go!


The kids had a great time with the soap bubbles!



Backpacking at Duffy Lake. Brian and I with FIVE boys. WHEW!




It's not every day I get a good picture of Isaac (see above).
And, we celebrated Noah's tenth birthday with a little cupcake and candle!

No comments:

Post a Comment