Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Juneau Type Day


I asked myself...Are we in Juneau?  It was cold, wet, foggy, and just plain YUCK out yesterday. But, of course, being an Oregonian myself and knowing exactly what to do on nasty days we survived. 
First: we went for a walk. Why not right?  We headed across the main road to see if we could walk to the Volga River from our apartment. We wandered some fun neighborhoods, enjoyed lovely flower gardens, and finally saw the river. 
It was a bit of a drop though, so we realized getting to the river this way was not quite possible. On a nice day this will be a great view!

Second:  I baked my first cookies, with no baking powder and powdered vanilla. They are between a sugar cookie and a snickerdoodle. But they turned out quite delicious and we ate our fair share. 
I also made some applesauce to throw in the freezer. Overall, it was a successful, rainy day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment