Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mushroom Delight

Wendy and I got invited by a cool gal from work named Natasha to go to the woods and pick mushrooms with some Russians and other European people. We totally agreed because what really can compare to picking mushrooms? At the beginning of the day when Wendy and I got up at 6:20 a.m I was thinking "This was a bad idea. We should have slept in and went to the zoo instead." Boy was I mistaken, we had the most fun day we have had in Russia! All of the people we met to go picking with were very fun and we enjoyed everyone in our picking group. 

 All of our crew walking along the train tracks going to find the perfect mushroom spot. At this point I had no idea how actually fun the day was going to be.
 It really is too bad that the biggest mushrooms are the poisonous ones. This one is by far the biggest mushroom Wendy or I have ever seen.
 From Left to Right  Daniela(Italy) Phillip (Russia) Natasha (Russia) Olya (Russia) Brian (U.S.A) Ivanna (Slovakia) Wendy (who knows where?)
 I caught this grasshopper along the trail and didn't realize how big he was until I actually picked him up and saw he was the size of a CHIPMUNK!!!
 This little guy reminded me so much of Mario Brothers on Nintendo that I wanted to eat it to get two times as big.
 Russia seems flat and boring, yet it has so many places that are absolutely beautiful like this birch forest.
This was a little pond off of the river, once again Russia does offer some seriously beautiful landscapes.

 If you ever get an opportunity to go mushroom picking with so Russians and European volunteers, you should definitely take it because it was a really really fun day for us and I am sure it would be for you too. 

1 comment: