Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hot-dogs Anyone?

Sausages and hot-dogs are very, very popular in Russia. And I wanted everyone to get a sense of what that means, so on my first outing to the grocery store by MYSELF (Wendy here speaking), I took a few pictures of the sausage aisle. And believe me, there are more than just these two pictures. 

Above is many different types of summer sausage, below are the hot-dogs, all shapes and sizes. 

 There was another couple of aisles that has hot-dog type sausages about as thick as a person's arm. They are wrapped nicely and Brian and I did buy one the other day. We ate it on a sandwich, not really sure what else to do with it. :)

They also have large yogurt, cheese and alcohol aisles. Think of America's options for dry cereal and then you will get a hint of these full aisles. Cereal here is very limited. I think corn flakes is about the only cereal Brian will get for a whole year. Poor guy, it is his favorite thing in the world! Other than dessert. 

McDonalds, yum. Just a treat on a nice day. 

Oh and by the way, I survived at the store by myself. 

And, here is a picture of the mushrooms we ended up with last weekend. We ate some that night and haven't died yet, so I'm sure we picked the good ones. 




No comments:

Post a Comment