Thursday, May 2, 2013

Last Jerusalem Post (I promise)

Time to compare and contrast the next two pictures. I took pictures of a picture, but I really liked this visual I got from these pictures of the city of David and what it used to look like. Before Jerusalem was a massive city, here is what it probably looked like, quite a nice looking fortress I think. 

 Now look at the picture below and see how different it looks. You can still see where the little valleys were on the right and left of the center hill.

People pictures

Guards at the Wailing Wall

Jewish boys



We had the opportunity to meet these two young men one night, Eli and Baruch. They took us up to a nice viewpoint and talked to us for a bit. The above picture shows all the Jewish boys that were up in this spot. Must be a hangout spot for them all. Unfortunately they weren't respecting the army guys very much and trying to touch their guns and helmets. Eli and Baruch informed us that some of the Jewish parents tell their children that the army is not a good thing.


Happy Independence Day Israel! The celebrations began around 9 PM and went until 4 AM. I know because we had a stage close to our vacation rental and they were playing TECHNO music all night. :) Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night. Here is a picture of Brian Ewing, he had just bought a little flashing light that was a Israeli flag.


It was a wonderful vacation away from Russia. Jerusalem is rich in history and religion. I am really thankful Brian and I were able to go and enjoy the city and our friends from Alaska. 

No comments:

Post a Comment