Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sea of Galilee and More...

The nine of us were spontaneous for a night. We drove up from the Dead Sea to the Sea of Galilee and spent a night in a vacation rental. It was crazy and fun. I am glad we got to see more of Israel, even if it was through the window of a car. I was lucky to wake up in time to see the sunrise that morning. 


It was amazing to look out over the Sea of Galilee as I listened to the New Testament and stories of Jesus walking the shores, teaching his disciples and helping the people. The picture below is some of those hills he could have walked on. 


Now, jump across the country to the Mediterranean Sea. That is where this picture is from. Nathaniel, Brian Ewing and my hubby, all running into the waves and the beautiful blue/green color!


And now, the picture below is back in Jerusalem. It was a whirlwind of a day. It happened to be Israel's Independence Day, so we had to drop off our rental car before the streets were closed in the city. So we got back in time to do a little more sight seeing. We climbed up the Mt of Olives and had a lovely view of the city.


Can't go on walks with Brian and Brian without finding some sort of wildlife.  A millipede. A very long one. 



Looking back at the wall and the Old City, the East Gate in the direct center. 



Market time!!!


The best freshly roasted nuts I have ever had. And dried fruit. MMMMM.

I, (Wendy) had a fun time haggling for touristy items. I had a few items in mind I wanted to buy and most of the time got the prices I wanted for them. I had a few aggressive encounters with some sellers. One gentleman, I ended up telling him he was being way too forward and walked away. He didn't come running after me, so he must have not liked the encounter either. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment