Sunday, May 22, 2011

Finally Made It To Moscow!!!

     Right when I arrived to Russia, there was a group of 30 or so people coming out to the house for a weekend retreat. I would say 50/50 on Russians and Americans, it was so cool to meet such amazing people. Many of the Americans are teachers at foreign schools here in Moscow and some teach English at Russian private schools. Everyone was very nice and we walked and ate together played games had a bonfire at a lake down the street.

THIS IS ALL THE RETREATERS AT THERE LAST LUNCH... THE CLOSEST PERSON IS ILYA, I BECAME GOOD FRIENDS WITH HIM,HE IS GOING TO BE A INTERNAL MEDECINE DOCTOR.



After the retreaters left my friend Yelena said she was going to go into Moscow for the day and Ilya who was a retreater had a car and he could give us a ride(which was really cool because that is not often you can catch a car into Moscow). The city of Moscow was so absolutely amazing, I was sure glad to have them as tour guides because I sure didn't know where I was going. We saw a big church first and saw people there so we went in and it happened to be an English service, which kinda was strange to me to be in Moscow hearing an American man preaching, but we met very cool people.
                                              
I SAW THIS MAN IN RED SQUARE AND IT REMINDED ME OF DAN EWING!!! ANYONE ELSE SEE THE RESEMBLANCE???

          Then it was on to Red Square. I was so in awe of the whole place. I felt like it was a scene from a movie or something. To see where Vladimir Lenin and Joseph Stalin stood and made decisions that would change the course of the world was truly humbling. Then it was on to Гум which is the famous mall by Red Square. That mall was cool, I bought some мороженое (ice cream)... oh yeah andСбарро(Sbarro) pizza.
                                            
THERE WAS AN ARMY BAND PLAYING BALLROOM MUSIC AT THE KREMLIN... I WISH I HAD WENDY THERE TO "TEAR UP THE TILES" WITH AT RED SQUARE!!!!

 Then it was off to my favorite part... Arbat Street. Arbat is a historical street in Moscow, it is like Broadway or 5th Avenue to Americans. We stopped at a McCafe because Yelena has a coffee addiction that she needs to work on and we saw a big group of Americans and talked to them, they were from Nebraska they were here for learning about advertising and they came to the right place because there are ads everywhere it's nuts.
     
A COMEDY TROUPE ON ARBAT THAT WAS LIKE THE RUSSIAN ABBOT AND COSTELLO... THEY TALKED SO FAST I COULD NOT GET IT ALL BUT PEOPLE LAUGHED A LOT.

       Arbat was so much fun to walk down and see the street artists and musicians who were absolutely amazing. Then we took the Electrichka (electric train) home and that was my yesterday in Moscow. Pretty stinking cool. 

4 comments:

  1. Brian

    Great to see a glimpse into your world... sorry I missed saying goodbye to you. Keep us updated. Soak in lots of Russian. Love people well and know you are missed and being prayed for on this side of pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Brian,
    I totally see the resemblance, My body is the size of his right arm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA, that is totally what Dan looks like without a shirt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! The Dan comment was rad. Moscow sounds fantastic. I love the Goom!

    ReplyDelete