Sunday, May 29, 2011

Finally a post from Oregon!!

Yes, that's right folks, I (Wendy) am finally going to post. Brian keeps bothering me about posting. He says, "it is OUR blog Wendy, not just mine." But my reasons for not posting were that nothing fun was happening in my world of Oregon.
This weekend is Memorial Weekend; and as tradition goes I head off white water rafting with my friend Sarah and families from her church. This spring has been unnaturally cold and wet (imagine that) and sadly, we didn't end up rafting. Just couldn't find enough people to go in our rafts!!! CRAZY! I mean, it was a little cold, and the river was a little higher and more rapid, but who wouldn't want to go?
Here is our normal spot to start!! Looks a little daunting huh? Anyway, we did have a great weekend and it was slightly, every so slightly nice to not get cold and wet. Below are some pictures of what we DID do this weekend, besides just hanging out and playing games!

We were in a really pretty spot in Washington, about 10 miles north of the Columbia Gorge and The Dalles, Oregon. So, my second favorite thing to do was take a hike! It was a nice day and a good 5 mile or so hike. There was a ton of poison oak though and I really hope I didn't get any. 

Jessie, me and Sarah
Today we spent a few hours on the golf course near our campsite. I have never played before and did hit my first two golf balls on the course. I was a caddy for half the time. :) And Sarah's husband, Dan caddied the rest of the time. Above is Sarah showing off her swing. 

Sarah and I

The three golfers: Jon, Sarah and Mike
Golf is an interesting game, I found it hard to not swing the club like a bat as hard as I could. But I may have to ask Brian to take me golfing a few times when he gets home. A few things I don't understand about golf though.   1. When the ball is hit in the wrong direction or maybe the wind blows it (wink, wink) and it is heading towards humans, one is supposed to yell, "FOUR!" or is it "FOR?"  That does not make any sense to me at all. What does yelling four have to do with a ball coming at your head????
2. There is a club called a pitching wedge. Hmm, don't you think golf needs to come up with their own labels for things instead of stealing another sports? (baseball, softball). 
Okay, well that was my weekend, now back to work and then I pack up for Russia! Then I'll really have some exciting stories to tell. I hope my husband is proud of me for finally posting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment