Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Power Lifters

Apologies for no pictures on this post. We took Johns camera and his memory card doesn't work in my computer. But know that pictures will come soon. We went to Dedovsk so that the guys could do some lifting at the gym there. We were greeted by tons of kids sitting outside and this girl wanted me to read to her some English homework. Then we found the weightroom and the trainer named Sasha greeted us. He was quite huge himself and he was so excited that Americans actually came to his gym. I thought about it later and realized what a big deal that most likely was for them, that was the only time professional American  lifters came to his small gym in really the middle of nowhere. He showered us with gifts which we are not used to but that is the Russian way. He gave us a horseshoe from the 18th century that was used in the Franco-Russian war. He really wanted to make me tea and layed out a huge spread of meat, bread, and cheese for me while the guys lifted. I got to translate for all of the guys and I felt so horrible but I truly had such a great time doing it. (once again more pictures later)

No comments:

Post a Comment