Sunday, July 3, 2011

Church and Mushroom Tea

I went with my friend Helen to an International Church today. It was really cool and just about everyone there spoke English. Most of the people that attend work for companies that have plants or bases of operation in Moscow. I met a man name John who worked for Chrysler here in Moscow, he said that about every four years he has to move to a new plant in a new country. I told him it sounds like the military and he laughed and said he hadn't really thought of it that way. The building was very old and actually has been there since before World War II. Someone told me there were bullet holes in parts of the building, but I am pretty sure the Nazi Army never reached Moscow. The people were very nice and that is what draws me in. However it was just too much English for me and I think I will go back to my other church where not one person speaks English (I will photo this church later)


THIS IS THE FRONT DOOR OF THE INTERNATIONAL CHURCH. SOMEBODY TOLD ME WHEN THE LAST HARRY POTTER MOVIE CAME OUT THIS FRONT DOOR WAS NUTS WITH PEOPLE DRESSING UP AND TAKING PICTURES OUTSIDE BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE HOGWARTS.

One cool thing at church today was somebody handed me a glass and said "try it" It was грибичный чай (gribichni chai/ mushroom tea) It almost tasted like a weak soda. I guess they let a certain kind of mushroom sit in a jar and ferment in water, then they add sugar. I must say it was very tasty.
  
MUSHROOM TEA IS SUPPOSED TO BE HEALTHY FOR YOU. I'M NOT SURE IF YOU CAN COOK AND EAT THE MUSHROOM WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH IT. BUT IT LOOKS BIG ENOUGH TO PLOP RIGHT ON A PIZZA AND SCARF.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! While growing up, my stepdad had mushroom tea in our fridge for quite a while. I never thought it looked appetizing at all...But SO glad you posted about it! I also wanted to have something to post on, because I read your blog often, though I don't comment. And if I dont' say anything, how would you know I'm reading it? So glad you update often, and so glad things are going well over there.

    ReplyDelete