Monday, July 25, 2011

Ёжeг

Last night I was standing on the balcony of our building and I saw something move in the grass across the street. I zoomed in on it with my eagle vision and lo and behold it was a Ёжeг (yozheg- hedgehog) Apparently these things are everywhere in the Russian villages. They come out at night and try to eat things in your garden. I had it on my list of things to do to catch one and then I forgot that it was on my list until I saw him last night.





When I tried to catch him at first he poked me and it actually hurt. He had a good little defense system. But not good enough... I caught him and picked him up. If he wasn't so darned prickly I would have set him on my chest and snuggle with him!!! So anyway I am proud to say that I caught my first Ёжег.

IF YOU WANT THIS IS A FUN CARTOON ABOUT RUSSIAN HEDGEHOGS BEING FRIENDS WITH RUSSIAN BEARS.

2 comments:

  1. Did you eat him for dinner? I like the green garnish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a list of "things to catch". Good job- he's a cute one!

    ReplyDelete