Sunday, July 24, 2011

Grandmas and Grandpas

I wanted to dedicate today's blog to Бабушки и Дедушки (babooshki i dedooshki / grandmas and grandpas) They aren't my real grandma an grandpa, but out here in Russia that is what you call them as a show of respect. If you want to clarify that is your specific grandma you say Моя Бабушка ( moya babooshka) I forgot to take my camera to church today but next week I'll put some cool pictures of babooshkas that go to my church. They are so nice and they always make me drink tea with them and tell me stories (I think they like me because I will listen to them go on and on about stuff)
 I SAW THIS Дедушка ON THE METRO AND THOUGHT HE LOOKED REALLY COOL. OFTEN GRANDPAS WHERE MEDALS TO SHOW THEY WERE IN WWII. IT MEANS A LOT FOR RUSSIANS TO SAY THEY WERE AROUND DURING WWII. 
THIS BABOOSHKA SAT NEXT TO US ON THE ELECTRICHKA, SHE HAD GONE INTO MOSCOW TO BUY FOOD. WHEN SHE WAS GETTING READY TO GET OFF SHE HURLED ON THIS BACKPACK THAT WAS BIGGER THAN HER WHOLE TORSO. I ASKED IF SHE WANTED ME TO CARRY IT AND SHE SAID I WAS NICE BUY THERE WAS NO NEED. I COULDN'T BELEIVE THIS 100 POUND WOMAN WAS CARRYING AT LEAST A 45 POUND PACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment