Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strange Sightings

I have wanted to start posting random funny pictures that I (and we, when Wendy was here) have taken of strange Russian cultural phenomenon and just plain weird no matter what culture your in. I don't want to bombard you with every photo all in one blog or you might think Moscow is the strangest place that exists on this planet. So I'll just try to give you little tastes at a time. 

IT IS ONE THING TO SEE POLICE PATROLLING ON A HORSE IN A CITY. HOWEVER THIS GIRL RIDING ON ARBAT ST. (CENTER OF MOSCOW) TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE TAKES IT TO A NEW LEVEL. I MEAN WHERE DID SHE COME FROM? DID SHE WAKE UP AND THINK TO HERSELF "I KNOW I'LL TAKE BULLSEYE FOR A NICE LEISURELY RIDE IN THE DEAD CENTER OF THE 5TH LARGEST CITY OF THE WORLD." IT SEEMED CRAZY TO US TOO.

If the following fashions never make there way to America, I can't say I would be too bummed out. But just know that right now in Russia at least these are the things that kids are begging their parents to buy for them at the mall. 

THESE PANTS REMIND ME OF A FLYING SQUIRREL AND EVERY TIME I SEE THEM I THINK ABOUT WHAT DO THEY IF THEY NEED TO TAKE A BIG STEP TO GET OVER A PUDDLE OR SOMETHING, THE PANTS JUST AREN'T CONDUCIVE TO WALKING. AND COME ON PEOPLE DO THEY EVEN LOOK COOL? I SAY NO!!!!!

THIS NEW STYLE IS A KNOCK AGAINST MY GENDER. THESE NEW SWEATPANTS CALLED DSQUARED ARE ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE. AT FIRST GLANCE THEY SEEM LIKE REGULAR SWEATS. HOWEVER UPON CLOSER EXAMINATION THEY HAVE A CONVENIENT CROTCH POCKET THAT PEOPLE INEVITABLEY PUT THINGS IN GIVING THEM LUMPS ON THEIR...WELL YOU GET THE IDEA. I JUST THINK THEY ARE REDICULOUS. 


SINCE I AM COLORBLIND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE BUT WENDY SAW RIGHT AWAY THAT THIS GIRL HAS ON: A LEATHER COAT, A MINI SKIRT, GREEN TIGHTS, AND RUNNING SHOES. I GUESS PORTLAND ISN'T THE ONLY PLACE WHERE THE GOAL IS TO LOOK AS IF ROLLED OUT OF BED IN YOUR CLOTHES AND WALKED RIGHT OUT THE DOOR TO START YOUR DAY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment