Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Training and Sleeping

These are pictures of last Saturday when I went to a karate training session with my buddy Anton. I was just a spectator but it was still a lot of fun. They just use a playground in the middle of these huge high rise apartments. I really liked the grass roots approach their trainer takes to training. He doesn't have all the new and cool tools  (or even safety equipment for that matter) for teaching karate.
THIS IS THE WARM UP EXERCISES FOR ANTON'S KARATE CLASS. I'M PRETTY SURE I WOULD GET KILLED PARTICIPATING... JUST ABOUT EVERYONE WAS REALLY BIG!!!

I also wanted to just mention how people here in Moscow have this awesome ability to sleep on Метро-metro. This metro is so noisy and it rocks back and forth sometimes quite violently all the while it's passengers sleep soundly like little babies. And then somehow they always wake up in time for their stop. This is one thing that puzzles me. I watched one lady as she sat there deep in sleep for 4 stops, not waking up once. Then all of a sudden the lady on the intercom said " Следушая Остановка: Сухинская" (sledooshaya ostanovka: sooxinskaya) and the lady magically woke up and walked right off the metro. I chuckled to myself. I just wonder if every once in awhile someone misses their stop? I mean it has to happen every once in awhile, right?

A LITTLE BLURRY BUT IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY ALL 4 PEOPLE SITTING ARE SLEEPING. I ALSO HAD A Дедушка/grandpa LAY HIS HEAD ON MY SHOULDER AND SLEPT... I JUST WENT WITH THE FLOW AND ANTON LAUGHED AT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment