Monday, July 22, 2013

Bikes and Clocks

While in Czech Republic, we stayed about 30 minutes outside of Prague, in a little town called Prerov nad Labem. It had a bicycle and motorcycle museum, so of course we had to check it out. My husband is just a little obsessed with bicycles and I'm surprised he hasn't been in shock from not riding a bike for almost a year.


Me? I miss riding a motorcycle and driving a car. Brian misses bikes. But soon, so soon, we will have a car and a bicycle!


This was Brian's favorite bike. He said once you get it going it could go really fast. I see him dreaming about the Tour de France...


Dan Ewing, you would have loved this museum!


After a visit to the museum, we packed our bags and headed into Prague. We had the afternoon and evening to be tourists before boarding our night train to Krakow, Poland. 


The Charles Bridge. This bridge started construction in 1357 and finished in the 15th century. And has been used since! It is a nice bridge, although it is a serious tourist trap, it is full of vendors selling jewelry and paintings and other fun things that tourists all like to see. Kind of lost the beauty of the bridge for me. I debated screaming "fire" and scaring everyone off the bridge so I could get a good picture, but Brian said it wouldn't work. 


A lot of people boating on the river, we liked the car and the swan behind it.


Another famous place in Prague, a medieval astronomical clock, constructed in 1410. The oldest one still working! I'm not going to lie and say that we both understood what it was saying, because we didn't. It has to do with the Sun and Earth and stars and months of the year. Pretty complicated for my brain. I just enjoyed it. Every hour there is a little display of Apostles who look out the window and a skeleton who pulls a string to ring a bell. I have a video of that for all who are interested.


We wandered the streets for a few hours, once again eating our favorite cinnamon and sugar desert, then headed to the train station for a 2230 departure to Krakow.


No comments:

Post a Comment