Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fresh Potato Chips and Bears

On our way from Hallstatt to Prague we had a two hour stop in a jewel of a town called 
Cesky Krumlov. If only I had known about this little town, we would have stayed longer! 

Castle on the hill, construction on the town and castle began in the late 13th century.



We were walking over the "moat" and I saw a sign that said, "don't feed the bears." I thought that was very strange and decided to take a look! With a little searching, I found one of the bears, napping in the shade. 

Fresh potato chips. Amazing! I tried to let Brian eat most of the bag. :) Plus, this bag was only $2, which we thought was a great deal. Austria had been a little more expensive than we liked, so we are glad to get back to cheaper food.

If we had come to stay for a few days in this location, we would have been floating down this river! It was full of rafts and canoes and kayaks. Not serious rapids, but just a lazy river to float on, it looked like a lot of fun!

I wanted to bring this home...but he won't fit in my backpack.

Yikes! A hedgehog! Common little critters to be seen in gardens in this area.



It was a wonderful two hours. A beautiful city within Czech Republic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment