Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dead Bodies and Begging Bears

Today was a very special day for Wendy and myself. We decided to go down to Red Square to see Lenin's body. It was one of the things on my Russia To-Do List so I was kinda pumped about it. I had a dream the night before so it was especially eerie to me. We met Anton down at Red Square where the Masoleum is. We stood in line for not too long and finally it was our turn. I must say my heart started beating as we descended the steps down to his clear grave. This was the man responsible for changing the world (some say for good, others say for bad) It was truly an awesome experience whether you are communist or not.
 THE OUTSIDE OF LENIN'S MASOLEUM, THE WRITING ABOVE THE DOOR SAYS "LENIN"
WE PULLED THIS OFF THE INTERNET, BUT YOU GET THE IDEA (CREEPY RIGHT???)

Once we exited we saw the graves (not the actual bodies) of Stalin, Chernonkov, Brezhnev, and many other Soviet political leaders which was also really cool too. Stalin was visible with Lenin from 1956-61 but then some lady claimed that Lenin came to her in a dream and said that he was disgraced by having to share a tomb with Joseph Stalin. I guess people will buy anything. I would have liked to have seen Stalin too but Lenin was good enough.


After our encounter with the dead. Wendy and I decided to go to the Moscow Zoo. It was a really good idea because zoo's in different countries have much different rules than in America, which was fun for us to observe. For instance, there is no rules on feeding the animals (any of the animals) so what you get are a bunch of begging, show-off creatures that will do tricks to try to grab your attention and hopefully throw half of your hot dog to them for their efforts. We watched one kid jump a fence and hand a giraffe not one, not two, but six carrots!!!
WE WANTED TO DO THIS TOO BUT WE COULDN'T FIND ONE GOOD SPOT IN THE WHOLE CITY.

THIS IS CALLED A INDIAN SLOTH-BEAR, WHOEVER DECIDED TO BREED A SLOTH AND A BEAR SHOULD BE SCOLDED CAUSE THIS IS ONE WEIRD LOOKING CRITTER.

WE THINK THEIR NAMES WERE BORIS AND SERGEI. THEY WANTED HOT DOGS!!!!
AFTER THE GIRAFFE ATE 6 CARROTS HE CAME TO US LOOKING FOR MORE... GLUTTONY.

1 comment:

  1. Lenin's body would be on my "to see" list too. I was bummed I didn't get to see Mao's when I went to Beijing years ago.

    ReplyDelete