Monday, June 20, 2011

MY WIFE LEFT ME

Today was the inevitable day that Wendy and I both wished wouldn't come: she had to go home. We rode into Moscow together on the electrichka train, then metro, then bus, which was nice because we got to spend some good time just staring at each other. Finally we made it to the airport. I helped her check in, I was ready to be her translator but all the Delta workers spoke English (darn). Then we met some guys from Jefferson, Oregon oddly enough and talked to them for a little while. They were here for the world championships of a tank computer game. Finally I said goodbye to her and we both pushed down tears.
          I HAD TO TAKE A COUPLE PICTURES OF MY ADORABLE WIFE AT THE AIRPORT.
MY WIFE HAVING TO LEAVE, IT WAS HARD TO WATCH HER GO BUT WE WERE BOTH STRONG. WE DIDN'T HAVE A BLUBBER FEST RIGHT THERE IN SHEROMETYEVO AIRPORT.

It was pretty tough and now the countdown begins (7 weeks) For those of you married folk who have never needed to be apart from your spouse for a long time, it's a strange reality. I miss her like crazy but at the same time I am learning Russian so I am excited to be out here. I have a new respect for military couples who have to be apart for 6 months at a time.
I THINK WENDY WAS SAYING " LOOK I JUST HAD TO LEAVE MY HUSBAND, SO DON'T MESS WITH ME PASSPORT CONTROL LADY!!!"


On my way home I had to wait an hour for the Electrichka so I walked around for a little bit. Then the best part of my day happened (besides hanging out with Wendy this morning) I found this tasty little treat called Лаваш (Lavash) I think it is like a tortilla from Tajikistan only thicker, and the best part is it's cheap 10 rubles/ 35 cents. It was a great treat and made my day a little brighter.

                MY TASTY LITTLE LAVASH, IT WAS WHAT GOT ME THROUGH THE DAY.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, Ashleigh has been gone for 9 days and it seems like forever. I can't imagine 7 weeks. :(

    ReplyDelete