Monday, June 13, 2011

Heading to St Pete

Yesterday we finished our night in Moscow, and it was a late night. We caught a train at 2:20AM and rode until 1400 today. It was a long journey and not one that I (Wendy) was quite ready for. I'll explain later. First, before pictures of St Petersburg, I want to put a few more up of Moscow. Brian and I are quite different, he loves pictures of people and experiences and I love pictures of buildings and locations.
Check out the beauty of Moscow!!!
YESTERDAY WE WALKED EVEN MORE! HERE IS A HUGE STATUE OF PETER THE GREAT

WE DIDN'T QUITE MAKE IT INTO THIS CATHEDRAL BECAUSE BRIAN WAS WEARING SHORTS AND I HAD A TANK TOP ON, BUT HOPEFULLY WE WILL LATER!

RUSSIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY! JUNE 12TH! TONS OF PEOPLE OUT AND ABOUT. HERE IS A PICTURE OF AN AWESOME BUILDING IN RED SQUARE.

Onward to St. Petersburg! Our train ride there was definitely something different for me. I had no idea what to expect for a sleeper train for 12 hours. In my mind I was thinking of the wonderful trains in Harry Potter, or  any old black and white movie from the past, Nick and Nora, Agatha Christie movies...and so on. Well, it wasn't quite that extravagant. Very tight quarters, a lot of people, cigarette smoke blowing in often, the smell of body odor drifting by and oh wow, the heat!! This train carriage was at least 85 degrees the whole time! Especially in the top bunk, which Brian and I both had. Check out the pic below.

HERE IS A PICTURE OF BRIAN'S BUNK FROM MINE. 

YES, THAT IS RIGHT FOLKS, NO DOORS, NO PRIVACY UNLESS YOU GO TO THE NOT SO CLEAN, TINY BATHROOM. 

MY HANDSOME HUSBAND.
AFTER I HAD SOME SLEEP AND CLEANED UP MY ATTITUDE IT WAS A GOOD RIDE, VERY LONG AND TIRING. I DIDN'T SLEEP WELL (NO SURPRISE THERE) THE MAN BELOW HAD QUITE THE SNORE, PLUS I FELT LIKE I WAS SLEEPING ON THE GROUND. 
We've got some funny pictures coming up for you later! We are working on some fun blog collections. Like: Guess this restaurant and Weird things of Moscow. Should be fun! I've been here one week and have one week left! Tomorrow we'll explore more of St. Pete. The weather has taken a drastic turn, it was so hot and sunny yesterday and today it is in the 60's and started to rain this evening. Praying for some nicer weather tomorrow. Until then!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was the cheapest type of a car (platskart), you can get more privacy in another class of a car (kupe).

    ReplyDelete