Monday, June 27, 2011

To ВДНК (VDNK)


I had such an awesome adventure today and it was all completely on accident. So today I went searching for one of those little accordians that my friends Mick and Sherrie Ewing bought when they were in Russia. I looked on the internet and found a store that claimed to have exactly what I was looking for, and for a good price. So I hopped on the train and headed to the far side of Moscow. I forgot the paper that had the address on it so I began walking around aimlessly searching for one tiny little music shop. The whole time I was muttering anger words to myself like "you idiot why don't you remember when you put things down, now your walking around the 5th biggest city in the world looking for one particular room full of instruments." As it turned out my aimless walking was great I stumbled onto some absolutely amazing things. The street was called VDNK but I'm not actually sure why. I was actually bummed out nobody had told me about this place when Wendy was here because as cool as it was, I didn't have as much exploring without her.
THIS WAS SO COOL. THE YELLOW SIGN READS "FURNITURE FOR THE OFFICE BY: THE FELIX COMPANY" I HAD TO TAKE A PICTURE.    ФЕЛИКС=FELIX

 I WAS SOOOO STOKED TO RUN INTO THIS STATUE... IF YOU'VE EVER WATCHED A SOVIET FILM IN YOUR LIFE, THEN YOU KNOW IT IS THE MOSFILM SYMBOL.
 COME ON IS THIS NOT THE GREATEST SPACE MEMORIAL YOU'VE EVER SEEN? RUSSIANS ARE SO PROUD OF "THE GREAT SPACE RACE" BECAUSE FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES THEY WON.
THIS IS THE KOSMOS HOTEL (VERY FAMOUS) THINK FOUR SEASONS... AND A STATUE OF CHARLES DE GAULLE IN FRONT.
ME AND YURI GAGARIN (1ST MAN IN SPACE) HE IS SO FAMOUS IN RUSSIA, I DON'T THINK HE HAS HAD TO PAY FOR A MEAL AT A RESTAURANT SINCE HE
RE-ENTERED EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE.

Please check back in tomorrow for part two where I actually go into the most awesome park ever and possibly find my music store. I wanted to do this in two parts.  See ya tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment