Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bible Studies and Bike Factories

Yesterday I took the electrichka downtown into Moscow to meet up for a Bible study at the Fisher's house. They are an British family who live in Russia working for the BBC, however they are moving back to England soon. They host a Bible study every Tuesday so some of us went to check it out.
                             
IN THIS PHOTO L TO R THERE IS MARJORIE (FRENCH), RICK (OREGON), LYNN (ENGLAND), INNA (RUSSIA). JUST PART OF THE BIGGER GROUP THAT WAS THERE.
We had such a fun time meeting such a unique group of people at the apartment. There were French, Spanish, Russian, American, British, and Dutch people making up the study group. I truly enjoy meeting people from all over the world, it is just fun to meet people from such different cultures.
THE VIEW FROM THE FISHER'S FLAT... THE BBC REALLY HOOKS THEIR PEOPLE UP!!!!

One of the girls at the dorm teaches English here and her student's name is Alexei. He happens to be the director of Stark Bicycles here in Russia. Stark is the leading brand in Russia for bicycles. So when I met him for English lessons and we talked I was so excited to talk about bikes and he invited me to the warehouse were Stark distributes.
SORRY FOR THE BLURINESS, BUT IT IS A BIG BIKE WAREHOUSE WITH ALL KINDS OF RUSSIAN BICYCLES. I WANT TO WORK FOR A BIKE COMPANY SO BAD!!!!

I was so stoked to see a real bike warehouse and the general manager gave me a full tour. We talked about bikes for over an hour and they said they need an American to buy a bicycle so that they can receive a registration as an American bike dealer also. I am very interested in becoming the first American (in America) to own a Russian bicycle. I always like to be a trailblazer with weird stuff like that and since it's bikes then heck yeah!!!!!!!!
ALEXEI ON THE RIGHT, HE WAS SO NICE TO SHOW ME THE BIKE WAREHOUSE AND THEN WE WENT TO LUNCH AFTERWARDS. SOME RUSSIANS ARE SO COOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment