Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ice Skating and Camels

A group of us decided to go to МЕГА mall which is a new and very "western" style mall. This mall also happens to have a ice skating rink smack dab in the middle. The ice skating was fairly inexpensive compared to everything else in the mall (150 рублей or 4 dollars for 2 hrs). I don't consider myself to be an expert skater by any stretch of the imagination, however I guess growing up in Alaska has given me some unforeseen benefits. I could ice skate backwards which everyone wanted to learn how to do so I became the teacher for the group.

THE ICE SKATING RINK WAS SHAPED LIKE A BEAN WHICH WAS ACTUALLY QUITE FUN



                                      I BET YOU CAN"T GUESS WHICH STORE THIS IS!!!



MY MANNEQUIN FRIEND NATALYA... ALTHOUGH SHE TALKS MORE THAN ALL MY OTHER MANNEQUIN FRIENDS.

After ice skating we walked around the mall so that the girls in the group could ooh and aah at the ridiculously  overpriced clothes. While walking through the mall I noticed that there were many American stores which was definitely a strike against the book in my book.

                                            THE REALLY COOL FAIR IN SNEGIRI, RUSSIA

After riding home on the Електричка, we stumbled onto a fair in our local village. They had horse rides and even a camel for the right price. However this camel owner had his price way too high (400 рублей/12 dollars) and that got me thinking... If I had a camel and wanted people to enjoy riding him and make money at the same time, the way to do it is to give rides for like (40 рублей/ less than 2 bucks) I would have payed that in a heartbeat to ride a camel and so would our whole group which would have made him 200 rubles. Instead no one rode the camel. Now I know what your're thinking "what about the camel? he would have to haul 5 people up and down the street." But my answer to this is... Camels (if in shape) can walk across the Sahara Desert with one stop for water so I don't think 30 ft up and down the side of the road makes any difference to him. To sum it up, I think I'm going to save up for a camel now!!!


I ASKED THE CAMEL IF HE WANTED TO BECOME BUSINESS PARTNERS WITH ME AND COME TO AMERICA? HE SAID HIS AGENT WOULD GET BACK TO ME.


YOU CAN"T TALK TO THE HORSES HERE IN ENGLISH, THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND... SO I ASKED "Как ты делал волосы так красивые?" (How did your do your hair so pretty?) THE HORSE ANSWERED "У меня нет руких, я сам не делал, дурак! Кроме того, я мужской лошадь, у тебя идея как глупый я чувствую?" (I don't have hands, so I didn't do it you idiot! Plus I'm a male horse, do you have any idea how stupid I feel?)


I NEED AN ACCORDION SO BAD... THEN THE RUSSIAN BABOOSHKAS WILL WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME AND SING FOLK SONGS.

1 comment:

  1. Sherrie and I really love your post. They bring back so many good memories. I especially liked the beating in the banya. Ha Ha, been there.
    Keep posting. We are praying,
    Mick

    ReplyDelete